[Asterisk-Users] Re: dual TE410, both span 3 is broken (Josh Krueger)

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Tue Feb 14 21:48:51 MST 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 04:30:50PM -0700, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com wrote:
> I've seen a similar problem before. Span 3 was throwing errors for
> (what seemed to be) no reason at all. After some testing it seemed
> that the number of errors thrown on Span 3 had a relationship to the
> temperature inside the servers. After installing additional cooling
> the errors had reduced significantly IIRC. This was across numerous
> servers each having 2 Digium quad T1/E1 cards in them.

It got even funnier... After some careful log-file-reading, it
seemed this started to happen after the upgrade to 1.2.x. Before
it we couldn't use the the 1.0.8 and 1.0.9 version of the zaptel
drivers because it couldn't get an E1 link towards a C2821 and a
Vegastream 400. With the 1.2.x version it at least had a link, but
all these errors on the span 3...

That were "old" quad PRI cards (first generation). We ordered some
"new' quad PRI cards (2nd generation) and there it all works fine
with... Really really really makes me wonder about what went wrong
with our setup.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org