[Asterisk-Users] Fax to Email with Asterisk and Lucent TNT

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Feb 14 16:18:03 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 17:26 -0500, Matthew Crocker wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2006, at 4:33 PM, asterisk at anime.net wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Matthew Crocker wrote:
> >> I have a Lucent MAX TNT, (DS-3, 672 modem ports, 28 PRIs). I'd
> >> like to be able to direct an inbound fax call into my TNT, have it
> >> answer the fax and send the image file over to Asterisk, or some
> >> other system to deliver to an e-mail address(s).  I'm not sure if
> >> I need Asterisk to any of the call control or not.  I'd also like
> >> to setup a print queue and have outbound faxes go to the print
> >> queue and eventually out the MAX TNT PRIs.   Has anyone setup such
> >> a system?  What would you recommend?
> >
> > nvfaxdetect / nvbackgrounddetect, along with spandsp+rxfax/txfax is
> > your answer.
> >
> > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-NVFaxDetect

I also believe that rxfax if it ever gets an error it dumps the call, I
may be wrong.

some have used http://sf.net/projects/iaxmodem (which uses spandsp) and
hylafax so that hylafax can do some error control.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378