[Asterisk-Users] Fax to Email with Asterisk and Lucent TNT

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Tue Feb 14 15:26:45 MST 2006

On Feb 14, 2006, at 4:33 PM, asterisk at anime.net wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Matthew Crocker wrote:
>> I have a Lucent MAX TNT, (DS-3, 672 modem ports, 28 PRIs). I'd
>> like to be able to direct an inbound fax call into my TNT, have it
>> answer the fax and send the image file over to Asterisk, or some
>> other system to deliver to an e-mail address(s).  I'm not sure if
>> I need Asterisk to any of the call control or not.  I'd also like
>> to setup a print queue and have outbound faxes go to the print
>> queue and eventually out the MAX TNT PRIs.   Has anyone setup such
>> a system?  What would you recommend?
>
> nvfaxdetect / nvbackgrounddetect, along with spandsp+rxfax/txfax is
> your answer.
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-NVFaxDetect

I didn't think this was scalable to a PRI full of fax calls.  I'm
trying to build a higher end fax server, all fax.  My VoIP is handled
by my Tekelec t6000 softswitch.  I was hoping I could utilize the
DSPs in the MAX TNT which are currently sitting idle.  PRIs are free
for me once I buy the switch ports.  I think I'm going to go with a
HyldaFAX enterprise solution with Brooktrout cards if I can't get the
TNT to do its thing.

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker