[Asterisk-Users] Fax to Email with Asterisk and Lucent TNT

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Feb 14 14:17:00 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 14:53 -0500, Matthew Crocker wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have a Lucent MAX TNT, (DS-3, 672 modem ports, 28 PRIs). I'd like
> to be able to direct an inbound fax call into my TNT, have it answer
> the fax and send the image file over to Asterisk, or some other
> system to deliver to an e-mail address(s).  I'm not sure if I need
> Asterisk to any of the call control or not.  I'd also like to setup a
> print queue and have outbound faxes go to the print queue and
> eventually out the MAX TNT PRIs.   Has anyone setup such a system?
> What would you recommend?
>
> -Matt

Be careful with this there is a company (J2 iirc) that owns a patent on
doing this, and they have charged people patent usage fees if they
resell this service.  Yeah its a bogus patent (prior art at the very
least), but no one wants to pay the $2M in lawyer fees to fight it, its
cheaper to pay the $1/customer or whatever their license fee is.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378