[Asterisk-Users] Instant Messaging: with SIP or XMPP

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Tue Feb 14 11:53:32 MST 2006

Have you looked at Wildfire (was Jive Messenger) with the Asterisk-IM
plugin? It seems to work fairly well in my experience. I have it running
here at home and also on one client's network. The XMPP client they provide
(Spark) is a bit primitive, but something like Trillian also supports the
required XMPP telephony extensions for asterisk integration.

You don't really say what you want to do with IM and how it relates to
asterisk though. People might be in a better position to reply when they
have a firm idea of what you're trying to achieve.

Regards,

Chris