[Asterisk-Users] odd 'digital' sound artifacts [solved]

Gerard Saraber gsaraber at rarcoa.com
Tue Feb 14 11:30:36 MST 2006

Apparently I didn't do the first test correctly where I said I made sure
I had only two cards, each on their own IRQ and still got artifacts.
When I repeated the test today, with both cards on their own IRQ, I got
no artifacts at all, after shuffeling the cards around for a bit I was
able to get each of the 3 on their own IRQ, after 16 minutes of hold
music, still no artifacts, so its safe to say my problem was a shared
IRQ.. The only other two things that are different are that I switched
to the SVN trunk version of Zaptel and recompiled my kernel a few times.

My apologies to anyone who's time I wasted, thank you for looking..

Linux phonesys 2.6.16-rc2-mm1 #1 PREEMPT Wed Feb 8 11:09:28 CST 2006
x86_64 AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Zaptel Version: SVN-trunk-r941M
Echo Canceller: MG2

           CPU0
  0:    1183747    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  8:          0    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
  9:          0   IO-APIC-level  acpi
177:      56255   IO-APIC-level  eth0
185:       5382   IO-APIC-level  libata, NVidia CK8S
193:          0   IO-APIC-level  ehci_hcd:usb1
201:          0   IO-APIC-level  ohci_hcd:usb2
209:          0   IO-APIC-level  ohci_hcd:usb3
217:    1170531   IO-APIC-level  wctdm
225:    1169188   IO-APIC-level  wctdm
233:    1167705   IO-APIC-level  wctdm
NMI:        195