[Asterisk-Users] consult about Digium Card

Pete Barnwell peter at whole-uk.com
Tue Feb 14 08:22:32 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 15:03 +0000, Luz Lopez wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I Have a Digium Card TDM40P, the specification say: OEM TDM40B: TDM400P + 4
> PORT FXS Bundle, my question is: Can I to install analog lines of PTSN?,
> other detail is: this card have 4 card green.

No - the green modules are indeed FXS modules, to connect an analog
telephone to. If you want to connect POTS lines then you need the red
FXO modules instead.

> I need to know what is the best card for the following scenario: I need a
> IVR for my comapny and a PBX, but i want that my extension not use FXS I
> want IP phone .

If you're using IP phones then you don't need anything to connect them -
but unless you're going to route all external calls via IP, then you'll
need some method of connecting to POTS lines, or [P/B]RI ISDN.

Rgds

Pete