[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and MOH for Queues

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Tue Feb 14 06:10:47 MST 2006

Ever since I migrated to 1.2.X, I've noticed a problem with the MOH
for any/all my queues.

When there is only one caller in the queue, the caller does NOT hear
the MOH. However, the moment more callers call into the queue, all
the OTHER callers will start hearing the MOH, but the first one will
still not be able to hear anything.

Additionally, say there are 3 callers on queue. The first is not
listening to MOH while the other two are. When callers 1 and 2 are
answered by an agent, the third caller will stop hearing the MOH
because s/he will be the only one left in the queue. The call will
not drop but the MOH will stop playing.

I've been playing mp3 files as my MOH. I'm using mpg123 as
recommended from the Asterisk source (make mpg123 in asterisk source
tree).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Waldo