[Asterisk-Users] Developing a call centre app. Communication with asterisk?

Arne Morten Johansen amj at avio.no
Tue Feb 14 05:21:37 MST 2006

Hi there. We're going to develop a call centre app for internal use in
our office.

The call centre is probably going to be a java-based client installed on
a windows machine that our secretary can use. Features should be a way
to see incoming calls, answer them, and then transfer the calls to our
different users/groups/divisions. If it also could be possible to have a
way to see if the user is registered, busy, unavailable or available etc
before she makes the transfer would be great.

We have some people that are very good at programming. But for them to
go on, I need to layout a plan for them on how to communicate with the
Asterisk server. They have no experience with Asterisk at all, and I'm
not a good programmer. My first thought is calling a PHP-script from
asterisk that communicates with the java-client through IP-sockets. But
I don't see how this can make the applet able to transfer calls. I'm
really stuck.

Anyone got suggestions and tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,
Arne Morten Johansen