[Asterisk-Users] Traffic prioritization and 'class of service' for SIP

David Choo DavidChoo at espore.com
Mon Feb 13 19:29:27 MST 2006

Hi

Best Regards

==============================
David Choo
Sales Engineer
Citrix Certified Administrator
Polycom Qualified Tech & Sales Rep
Espore Corp Pte Ltd
68 Kallang Pudding Rd
#04-03 SYH Logistics Bldg
Singapore 349327
Tel: 65-6842 2725, Ext - 404
DID: 65-9006 2645
Fax : 65-6842 2724
E-mail :DavidChoo at Espore.com
=============================

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If
you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy it or use it for any
purpose, nor deliver this message to anyone. Instead, please delete this
message and destroy any other record of it immediately and kindly notify
the sender by return email. Thank you for your co-operation.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late, or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the context of this message nor can the sender guarantee that
this message is virus free.

Philip Edelbrock <phil at netroedge.com>
Sent by: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
14/02/2006 07:23 AM
Please respond to
Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
cc

Subject
[Asterisk-Users] Traffic prioritization and 'class of service' for SIP

We're got a T1 from Sprint that we use for internet.  During VIOP calls,
if you download something, the VOIP calls break up.

I found some info at Sprint for adding 'class of service', and I also
have some information on configuring our Cisco routers.

I've read the relevent pages on the wiki, but it seems vauge what's
required and what's required by the NSP (Sprint).

How have you dealt with this problem?  Is this something which requires
the NSP to be involved, or can this all be done on the premises side in
IOS configuration(s)?

Phil