[Asterisk-Users] Traffic prioritization and 'class of service' for SIP

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Mon Feb 13 16:23:15 MST 2006

We're got a T1 from Sprint that we use for internet.  During VIOP calls,
if you download something, the VOIP calls break up.

I found some info at Sprint for adding 'class of service', and I also
have some information on configuring our Cisco routers.

I've read the relevent pages on the wiki, but it seems vauge what's
required and what's required by the NSP (Sprint).

How have you dealt with this problem?  Is this something which requires
the NSP to be involved, or can this all be done on the premises side in
IOS configuration(s)?

Phil