[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 19, Issue 90

Michaël Gaudette michael.gaudette at virtutel.ca
Mon Feb 13 19:08:43 MST 2006

>That is what I have.  Unfortunately, the context=someprovider-in is being
>ignored.  I am running asterisk-1.2.4...
>
>The local-phone context is working properly though.  I can't see why one is
>behaving as I expect and the other isn't.
>

>Its because your incoming call from the provider is not being matched to
>[someprovider].  Do a sip debug with an incoming call and you will see
>the call being matched to the [general] section that probably points to
>the default context.

Thanks Joseph and Andres.  This is actually a 100% right. I assumed (my bad)
that a call that didn't match any provider would simply be dropped.  The
provider had given me the wrong info, and when I put it in it did go to the
default context.

One day I'll learn to read those debug logs properly.  Until then I have to
say a bit thank you for the help I got here.

Regards,

Mike