[Asterisk-Users] problem with outgoing calls Unabletocreatechannel of type 'ZAP' (cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion)

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.biz
Mon Feb 13 16:52:12 MST 2006

Nik,

I'm not sure that "NOP" is correct, but I'm in the states so I'll to
defer to someone who knows E1/PRI.  When I run zttool I have "OK" under
the alarms.  Is there a way you can call the telco and confirm the
settings?  Make sure that framing, coding and D channels are set up on
their end the same way you're set up.

As for asterisk, here's what I get when I stop asterisk, restart it from
the command line and then log back on to the command line:

[root at asterisk1 asterisk]# safe_asterisk
[root at asterisk1 asterisk]# asterisk -r
Asterisk 1.2.1, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2005 Digium.
Written by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
=
Connected to Asterisk 1.2.1 currently running on asterisk1 (pid = 4524)
NIX connection
Verbosity is at least 3
    -- B-channel 0/1 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/2 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/3 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/4 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/5 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/6 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/7 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/8 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/9 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/10 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/11 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/12 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/13 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/14 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/15 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/16 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/17 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/18 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/19 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/20 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/21 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/22 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 0/23 successfully restarted on span 1

Here are the relevant portions of my zaptel.conf and Zapata.conf files:
Zapata.conf:
[channels]
language=en
context=from-pstn