[Asterisk-Users] iLBC issue: An ilbc frame that isn't a multiple of 50 bytes long from RTP (38)

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Mon Feb 13 14:21:51 MST 2006

Hello all,

I've started implementing iLBC on some of the ATAs we have floating around
clients' homes, but I'm coming against this error message with most of them:
  codec_ilbc.c: Huh?  An ilbc frame that isn't a multiple of 50 bytes long
from RTP (38)?

The ATAs in question are various Grandstream models - the HT486 being the
predominant one. Looking at the list archives, it's been an issue for others
in the past, but there doesn't appear to have been a satisfactory solution I
could find. I understand it's an issue with payload types, so as recommended
in the posts I've read, DTMF is set to payload type 101 and iLBC to 97. I've
also tried 99 as per another post I read.

Is anyone reliably running Grandstream ATAs with iLBC? If so, what settings
did you use for the payload types? Any other suggestions for solving the
problem would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris