[Asterisk-Users] Manager cmd: originate without picking up thefone?!

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Mon Feb 13 13:49:19 MST 2006

Reverse your call order.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Arnd
Vehling
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 3:15 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Manager cmd: originate without picking up
thefone?!

Hi There,

we are developing a dialer application using the java lib
to interface with the asterisk manager protocol. It works
fine so far. The only problem we have is that if we use
the "originate" command the user is required to pick up
the fone _bevore_ asterisk will originate the call to
the desired destination.

What we would like to do is to place the call, check if
the other end is available (ringing event) and only then
let the user pickup the fone. Otherwise we would only display
a text message "Destination 'Busy' etc.

Does anyone know if/how this is possible?

cheers,

   Arnd