[Asterisk-Users] international calling via POTS in Russia

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Mon Feb 13 12:44:26 MST 2006

Sorry for the late response, but the "w" for wait ONLY works with DTMF.
Not well documented, but asterisk doesn't detect dialtone, therefore it
can start to dial numbers before the CO is ready, and I don't know how
you can wait for a second dialtone if it doesn't even wait for the first
one!.

Seems the designers thought everyone in the world now used DTMF.

Perhaps someone else has a method that will work. w will not.

John Novack