[Asterisk-Users] trunk 2 IAX server :- getting error ' Unable to support trunking on user 'ho' without zaptel timing'

John Joseph jjk_saji at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 08:18:09 MST 2006

Hi All
       I am using RHEL , kernel 2.6.9-5, asterisk
1.2.4 , zaptel  1.2.3 installed , when I give modprobe
for zaptel and ztdummy , I do not any error message
         my   iax.conf contains the entry for trunking
as
[hoportal]
type=friend
host=192.168.20.32
secret=mysecret
context=local
trunk=yes

         my extensions.conf contains the entry for
trunking as
exten =>
_3XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/hoportal:mysecret at 192.168.20.32/${EXTEN}@local)
exten => _3XXX,2,Hangup
exten => _3XXX,102,Hangup

When I start the asterisk , I get this message in
/var/log/asterisk/message as
 Feb 13 18:22:19 WARNING[3531] chan_iax2.c: Unable to
support trunking on user 'hoportal' without zaptel
timing
Feb 13 18:22:19 WARNING[3531] chan_iax2.c: Unable to
support trunking on peer 'hoportal' without zaptel
timing

I am stuck over here , I had tried google, but not
able to find the reason why I get this errot message
and why I cannot  get connected to the other machine [
the other asterisk server also gives the same error ]
                      requesting  guidance
                                    Thanks
                                         Joseph John