[Asterisk-Users] problem with outgoing calls Unable tocreatechannel of type 'ZAP' (cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion)

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.biz
Mon Feb 13 07:44:39 MST 2006

When Asterisk first starts up, it will attempt to "bring up" the B
channels on any PRI circuits.  If you are using A at H then you can log on
to the Asterisk CLI (asterisk -r) and then do "stop now" to stop
asterisk.  Start up Asterisk again by typing asterisk -cvvv at the Linux
command line.  You should see a bunch of messages on the terminal and
then you'll get the Asterisk CLI prompt.  A few moments later you should
see some more messages saying something like "B channel 1/1 successfully
started on span 0" and then "B channel 1/2 successfully started..."  I
don't have my system active at the moment but when I do I'll email you a
screen capture of the messages I see on my PRI.

-MC