[Asterisk-Users] attended call transfer

Richard Perini rpp at ci.com.au
Mon Feb 13 01:04:42 MST 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 03:35:56PM -0500, John Novack wrote:
> That certainly is the way it SHOULD work. Blind and attended transfer
> should be able to be initiated the same way.  It certainly is the most
> efficient logical way. Attended transfer should revert to blind simply
> by the initiating party hanging up.
> Most "legacy" hybrid key/pbx systems work that way, and have for many a year
> Most users expect transfer to work that way.
>
> I would consider that a defect or bug, not a new feature request.

Absolutely.  I have never used a conventional PBX system that didn't
behave that way (or wasn't able to be programmed to do so).  I'm in
my early days of trialling Asterix, and our first application will be
an internal intercompany/interoffice tie-line system where the transfer
feature will be rarely required.  Certainly this issue would be a
show-stopper for full PBX replacement for us in the future.

--
Richard Perini                                       Internet:  rpp at ci.com.au
Corinthian Engineering Pty Ltd                       PHONE:   +61 2 9552 5500