[Asterisk-Users] dual TE410, both span 3 is broken

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sun Feb 12 02:04:25 MST 2006

This afternoon I finally figured out more with regarding to a strange
clock-slip problem we have on our asterisk box.

We have two TE410s, in E1 mode:
 TE410P version c01a009b

They have their own interrupts:
 66:  781648298  783747388   IO-APIC-level  t4xxp
233:  253890977 1311504670   IO-APIC-level  t4xxp

They have their full 31 channels:
 span=3,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
 bchan=63-77,79-93
 dchan=78

 span=7,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
 bchan=187-201,203-217
 dchan=202

And properly configured in zapata:
 group = 3
 context=unused
 switchtype=national
 pridialplan=unknown
 prilocaldialplan=unknown
 signalling = pri_net
 channel => 63-77,79-93

 group = 7
 context=unused
 switchtype=national
 pridialplan=unknown
 prilocaldialplan=unknown
 signalling = pri_cpe
 overlapdial=no
 channel => 187-201,203-217

And on them, both the span 3 interfaces gives huge amount of HDLC
errors in the logging and clockslip-ticks on the line. Juggling the
cables between other interfaces, and the then-non-span-3 is clear
and the new-span-3 is full of HDLC errors and clockslips.

Myself I'm going with a "this must be hardware problem", unless
somebody else has an idea.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org