[Asterisk-Users] Dell server

Paolo Supino paolo at actcom.net.il
Sat Feb 11 18:40:57 MST 2006

Hi

Not exactly a asterisk specific question and what more I'm a newby. I
apologize.
The story: I was given the task of transitioning my company's PBX (20
people) from a normal old digital PBX to something newer. I chose to use
Asterisk. For the project i was given a Dell 850 for the task. My
initial intention is to connect asterisk to the current PBX via a T1
connection between them (there is an unused T1 port on the current PBX)
and slowly transition extensions from the old PBX to asterisk. The
server has the following expansion slots: 1 64bit/133MHz PCI-X and 1 PCI
express x8 slot. By all means this isn't my final box  for asterisk and
final solution, just an interim solution to solve some bottlenecks that
we have with the current
The questions:
1. Has anyone used a Dell 850 for a small PBX?
2. Will the Digium single span T1 or Sangoma A101 work with these
expansion slots?

TIA
Paolo