[Asterisk-Users] Billing inbound calls per minute

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Fri Feb 10 19:22:53 MST 2006

bbench at mail.bg wrote:

>On Monday 06 February 2006 09:25, JP Carballo wrote:
>

>> <snip>
>>
>>ASTCC works fine here. The duration and billseconds fields in my cdrs as
>>well as ASTCC's cdr are filled.
>>I don't use the connect fee field though and all are set to 0.
>>

>Would you share with me how'd you do billing on a DID
>(if you do), and through what Technology?
>Anything that goes Local here is ANSWEREDTIME zero.
>Thanks,
>benchev

That probably explains it.
IIRC, from when I was still testing ASTCC, when calling a Local channel,
the AGI suffers from short term memory loss and forgets the values of
channel variables even if "/n" is used in the dial string.
I checked my test server logs and while I can verify that ASTCC's CDR
does have blank duration and billsec fields for the Local calls, *'s CDR
records them.
If it's also true for you, you might want to use *'s CDRs for rating.

I do billing based on account number so clients are free to call from
any phone. I don't check callerid.
Since each account is based on the phone number registered by the
client, I can just chop off the 2 digit prefix and set their callerid
with the result.

[makecall]
exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CARDNO:2})
exten => s,n,DeadAGI(astcc.agi,${CARDNO})
exten => s,n,Goto(nf2xsubmenu,s,1)

All my calls are routed to IAX2 or SIP or Zap.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.