[Asterisk-Users] Remapping Polycom IP501 buttons

Matthew T. O'Connor matthew at zeut.net
Fri Feb 10 10:05:46 MST 2006

Henry Kwan wrote:
> Just started using an asterisk-based PBX with Polycom IP501 phones.  Am
> Fairly satisfied and am starting to get into FTP setup of the phones.
> Have figured out most things except for how button remapping works.
>
> In sip.cfg, I have this entry:
>
>    <keys key.IP_500.31.function.prim="DoNotDisturb"></keys>
>
> This works as expected but if I try to change the remapping to any other
> value like "MyStatus", "SpeedDialMenu", or "BuddyStatus", it doesn't work.
>  I got the list of values from Polycom's admin guide.  Why does
> "DoNotDisturb" work and no other values that I've tried?

This is the big question as far as I'm concerned with using Polycomm
phones, I have about 30 501's running in our office and I like
everything about them except the button remapping problem.  If someone
can figure that I would be totally psyched.

Like you, I have been able to do simple remaps, like setting the
Transfer button to issue a #, but anything more complex than that just
doesn't work.

Matt