[Asterisk-Users] sip channel status - how?

Peter Hoppe peter at radioworldwide.org
Wed Feb 8 18:00:05 MST 2006

Hello!

I have an asterisk setup where several sip devices are connected to an
asterisk box. I am looking for a method that lets me know whether any of
the sip devices is on hook / off hook / busy etc.

I have tried the AGI command CHANNEL STATUS <channel name> but it
returns with a message

'There is no channel that matches <channel name>'

In concrete terms, my channel is a Grandstream BT 100, and I have
configured it as user 'test-1'. But when I query its state I get

'There is no channel that matches test-1'

When I use test-1 my log shows a device 'test-1-<4-digit-hex-code>', and
I suppose that I need the 4-digit-hex code to enable asterisk to find
the matching channel with the AGI CHANNEL STATUS command. Unfortunately
that number seems to be assigned to a different value whenever the
'test-1' device is used.

Is there any agi (or other fast-agi/eagi/manager/dialplan) command or
technique through which I can find the state of my channel 'test-1'
without me having to specify the 4-digit-hex-code?

Thank you very much!

Peter