[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Xen

John Cianfarani jcianfarani at rogers.com
Thu Feb 9 16:23:26 MST 2006

Get to answer my own post.  I found an article that talks about the need for
1000HZ timing in the kernel for ztdummy to work properly.  Xen's kernel
builds default to 100HZ just like 2.4 kernels.

I changed the values to 1000 in
/xen-3.0.0/linux-2.6.12-xenU/include/asm-xen/asm/param.h and
xen/include/asm-x86/config.h
And recompiled and now I get decent results

--- Results after 51 passes ---
Best: 99.987793 -- Worst: 99.829102 -- Average: 99.972953

Any other xen "gotchas" I should know about?

Thanks
John