[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Xen

John Cianfarani jcianfarani at rogers.com
Thu Feb 9 15:48:41 MST 2006

Hey All,

I've been working on trying to get asterisk to play nice under Xen and
I've run into a bit of a road block.

I'm not using any hardware stuff only ztdummy.

First I had issues getting ztdummy to work but that was solved by
recompiling the xenU kernel to have CONFIG_CRC_CCITT=y which it was
missing.

Now ztdummy is seen fine in the virtual machine though when I run zttest
I get horrible results, so I haven't even bothered to test any config
yet.

This results are the same for the host machine and the virtual machine.

--- Results after 21 passes ---

Best: 0.000000 -- Worst: -800.012207 -- Average: -799.998233

Anyone know if this is normal, is there a patch/other kernel options or
something that is needed so that ztdummy works correctly?

Thanks

John