[Asterisk-Users] Re: Remapping Polycom IP501 buttons

Henry Kwan spam at designmedia.com
Thu Feb 9 14:32:26 MST 2006

Hi Noah,

>You've run into the same problem a lot of other people have had.  Remapping
>hard keys works fine, but remapping soft keys does not.  In fact, trying to
>remap the soft keys results in some pretty weird behavior.  The Polycom
>manual is a little misleading in that it doesn't mention this at all.  My
>best guess is that the softkeys don't work because they can mean different
>things depending on what the phone is doing at the time.  Polycom, if you're
>reading this, this would be another great feature to have!

Thanks for the info.  That would explain a lot.

The manual clearly states that SpeedDial should work though.  On page 114
of the admin guide, it says that "key.x.y.subPoint.prim" will "Sets the
sub-identifier for key functions with a secondary array identifier such as
SpeedDial."  But when I try to set it:

   <keys key.scrolling.timeout="1" key.IP_500.31.function.prim="SpeedDial"
key.IP_500.31.subPoint.prim="11"></keys>

I get a volume-up action instead.  So I guess it's a bug that they haven't
gotten to fixing yet?

--Henry