[Asterisk-Users] Re: How many TDM2400P's will a server take?

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Thu Feb 9 13:03:00 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 10:07 -0200, Juan Carlos Castro y Castro wrote:
> > Juan Carlos Castro y Castro wrote:

> > I would not recommend running that much load in a single server of FXS,
> > because the power supply requirements are too great, but if at least
> > half is FXO then you should be fine. Four TDM2400Ps is the same amount
> > of Zaptel load as a single quad-port T1 card, so most servers should be
> > able to handle it.
>
> Sweet! So -- what are the specs of that server you tested on? Specifically,
> the power supply wattage? My intended use here is all FXS, so I suppose a
> limit of 2 would be reasonable.
>
> By the way -- don't you think it would be nice if some FXS hardware had some
> way to drain power from somewhere else that the PC's power supply? Forgive
> me if this idea has already been discussed to death there.

Just wondering,
Considering costs & power demands, might it not be advisable to have a
look at one or two channelbanks and a single/dual line T1-board?

If you need a second or even third machine to host the tdm2400 boards,
it might get expensive and get your config unneeded compicated...

Hans
--
pgp-id: 926EBB12
pgp-fingerprint: BE97 1CBF FAC4 236C 4A73  F76E EDFC D032 926E BB12