[Asterisk-Users] Re: How many TDM2400P's will a server take?

Rob McKrill astmaster at geostarcom.com
Wed Feb 1 07:53:55 MST 2006

Just figured I'd offer my experience with power restrictions and the
2400P...

When I purchased a Dell 2800 series tower I found that there were no
Molex power connectors in the box so I thought I was out of luck if I
wanted to use *any* FXS card (TDM400 or TDM2400) in this box.  I spoke
with the guys at Digium about power requirements for the card and ended
up buying an external power supply (Altech PS-4512:
http://www.wolfautomation.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=17140&CategoryID=2725)
, coaxial power connectors and some shrink wrap from Radio Shack.

I can not remember exactly what the power requirements per Quad FXS
module were but I am sure Digium can provide that.  The guys at Digium
also mentioned they were looking into an external solution like this for
the same reason I was -- I just needed a solution that day :)

I would assume you could use a solution like this to provide the
required power to the X number of cards in a system.  I can post some
pictures of my solution if anyone is interested.

** Please note, Digium did not suggest this or condone this... **