[Asterisk-Users] Fax transmission interrupt on ISDN network

Olivier Krief olivier.krief at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 00:25:53 MST 2006

Hello,

We use a Junghanns.NET quad BRI card to connect an analog fax to an ISDN public network.
Connections are :

Analog fax ------<analog>--------- Siemens Gigaset SX225 mini-PBX -------<ISDN>----------- Asterisk with 4 ports BRI -------<ISDN>------ ISDN public network

We send faxes to many destination.
Everything runs OK except for one callee for which transmission is sometimes interrupt in early stages.
The callee receives faxes from many callers and everything runs OK except with faxes from us.

Roughly, 1 fax out of 5 is interrupted in early stages of transmission : the callee fax prints a blank page with a single line printed at the top with our name and fax number.
Fax log shows "Communication interrupt".

My question : why would a fax transmission sometimes fail ?

Regards