[Asterisk-Users] PRI Group behavior - CHANUNAVAIL

Mark Edwards mark at switchnet.com.au
Wed Feb 8 18:15:38 MST 2006

Hi.

IHAC with one 10-channel E1 PRI interface in a small outbound callcentre.
Call profiles are a large number of short calls (30 sec to 1 minute). All
PRI channels are in a single group (g1).

Am seeing periodic behavior exhibited where outbound calls start to fail
with cause code 34 (CHANUNAVAIL). This occurs even when there are only a
small number of active PRI channels.

As the behaviour is intermittent and related more to a particular profile of
activity within the callcentre, I would just like to confirm with the list
that this might be related to the "resetinterval" setting in Zapata.conf.

I have inserted the config option and set to 180 (from the default of 3600)
and reset the PBX and will wait to see if this behaviour exhibits itself
again.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, what was the workaround?

BTW, PBX is Asterisk 1.2.4 with minor unrelated customizations.

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark Edwards
http://www.switchnet.com.au/