[Asterisk-Users] Welltech USA? and Wellgate Products?

Joseph Tanner joseph at thetechguide.com
Wed Feb 8 15:19:37 MST 2006

Dug through my old doorstops, found what appears to be an unbranded
Welltech 3502.  When I first got it, I had a heck of a time trying to
get callerid to work.  Tried every setting there was, eventually found
out that while it could be configured, it would not work for the sip
version!  Had to load the H323 version, then callerid would work.
Didn't work quite like the sip version, so I tried to find newer
firmware anywhere I could.  Completely killed one of them (in
desperation, I tried the 3502a firmware).

Today I flashed the newest firmware on the one that worked (had to go
through telnet, as the web-based config went through the steps, but
never actually did the upgrade).  I now have callerid, but only if
there's no name.  If it's number-only, then it shows up perfectly.
Name, and nadda (if the name ends in a number, then that part'll show
up).

Also, there's no dialplan settings to alter.  You just punch in the
number, and when you're done it'll pass it to asterisk.  You can set
it to have an end key, you can choose *, #, or none, but even with it
set to # it'll still time out after several seconds and send the
digits already entered (might be a problem if you're a slow dialer).

So, if you're looking at the 3502, it seems to work well enough, but
they still have some callerid issues.  Can't comment on other models.

Joseph Tanner