[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Incoming Caller ID on Nufone Since Upgrade

Robert DeVries rdlists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:34:27 MST 2006

I recenlty upgraded to 1.2.x (not quite sure which version, whatever it is I
downloaded it on 1/30/06.)

At the time of the upgrade, I had a Nufone toll-free number going into my
IVR.  Extension 2000 rang the Cisco phone on my desk, and the caller id came
through just fine.

As soon as the upgrade was in place, the caller ID now says "unknown" in
both fields (name and number.)  I made no changes to the dialpan after the
upgrade.

As a test, I changed the dialplan so when the extension was dialled it would
dial the Cisco, a Sipura SIP phone at another location, and an iaxy at
another location.  The incoming caller id on both SIP devices says
"unknown", but the iaxy has the proper caller id.  I also know that nufone
is delivering the caller id because I have some alternative routings in the
dialplan for that incoming number based on the caller id of the calling
party and the system does the proper routing based on the incoming caller
id.

By way of illustration, the following line in the dialplan results in the
iaxy displaying the caller id, and the 2 sip devices displaying "unknown":

exten => 2000,1,Dial(SIP/2000&SIP/2100&iax2/iaxy2,15).

One more thing - I have a teliax toll-free number that goes into the same
IVR, and the caller id is passed to the SIP devices without trouble.  I want
to utilize the nufone number, however, because the call quality is better
(not ot mention 1 cent per minute cheaper than teliax.)

Any idea how I can get the caller id to show on the SIP devices for the
nufone incoming line?

Robert