[Asterisk-Users] more cpu intensive echo cancellers ?

Gerard Saraber gsaraber at rarcoa.com
Wed Feb 8 12:03:23 MST 2006

Hi,
I've had some decent luck with the mark3 echo canceller from the zaptel
driver, echos on about 20% of the calls, people I've called say I sound
great now, but our side hears echos.
I was wondering if there was any way to tweak the current software
cancelers into using more CPU (and hopefully doing a better job, close
to a hardware canceler), I only have 10 lines, and a single call takes
0.5% cpu, I would have no problem if it went up to 5-10% if they would
work better.
Or should I just give up now and buy the channel bank, tellabs hardware
echo canceler and a T1 pci card? (hope TDM400P cards have decent resale
value ;)

--
Thanks,
Gerard Saraber