[Asterisk-Users] Re: Connection TDM400P to UK PSTN

Chris Earle (CBL) cearle at cbltech.ca
Mon Feb 6 15:06:01 MST 2006

Hey all

would you believe this problem is still going on?

I have now successfully secured individual IRQs for the two TDM cards, but
no change has been observed.  No interrupts appear to be getting dropped or
anything along those lines.

Also tried moving the FXO and FXS modules around on the cards.  No
changes -- not completely clear if the card is defective or not.  Can you
shed any light on that?

I am using Zaptel 1.2.2, with the MG2 echo canceller, but only with Asterisk
1.0.9.  I am not prepared to upgrade to a more recent 1.2 version unless I
think that will provide massive benefits (I don't think it will affect my
zaptel/echo problem?)

Back to the card situation: we have not tried any other machines or cards.
We are starting to consider using a different card -- and would prefer to
stick with Digium hardware.  The newer, larger, TDM2400 is under
consideration because it has echo cancellation onboard --- Do you think this
will do anything??

Also, tried the phone on the phoneline straight up -- sounded fine.  We
tried the phoneline with a US phone and also a UK
one.

So is hardware EC the solution to my woes?

Chris