[Asterisk-Users] Oh323 channel problem

Reto Kortas retokortas at gmx.de
Mon Feb 6 11:18:10 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm using Asterisk 1.2.3 with the asterisk-oh323 channel driver, version
0.7.3.
Pwlib is V1.8.7 an OpenH323 is V1.15.6.

Following CallFlow:

SIP-UA -> OpenSER -> * -> CCM

OpenSER routes all calls with prefix 60 to Asterisk, where I've configured
following extension:

exten => _60.,1,Dial(OH323/${EXTEN:2}@v.w.x.y)

v.w.x.y is a Cisco Callmanager where Asterisk is configured as a H.323
Gateway.

When a call comes in from OpenSER with prefix 60, Asterisk starts to lookup
a few DNS-RRs like:

_h323rs._udp.v.w.x.y SRV
_h323ls._udp.v.w.x.y SRV
_h323cs._tcp.v.w.x.y SRV

and

v.w.x.y MX

These RRs are not configured in my DNS, so Asterisk gets no positive results
for the queries.
After don't getting the DNS information, Asterisk set up the Call (around 10
sec later).

In oh323.conf I disabled the gatekeeper and I wonder, why Asterisk starts
DNS lookups and not directly starts to setup the call.

Any suggestions?

Thx Reto