[Asterisk-Users] RE: 488 Not Acceptable Here

Nabeel Jafferali asterisk-lists at x2n.ca
Mon Feb 6 10:40:22 MST 2006

CTech wrote:
> Nabeel Jafferali wrote:
> > Am I missing something completely obvious? Is there a way to see why
> > Asterisk is sending 488 (i.e. what is not acceptable?).
>
> Did you solve the 488 error? I run into the same problem as you.
>
> Below is my invite msg. And my 488 response is exaclty like yous.
> If you solve your problem before, do you like to share some idea with
> me?

I was having issues with the PAP2-NA with my Asterisk server, and Asterisk
replying with a 488 Not Acceptable Here. It turns out the issue was with the
latency between the SIP device and the Asterisk server.

It seems the device was re-sending SIP messages to the server, assuming the
server hadn't received them.

Increasing the SIP Timer Values in the SIP tab on the device made the
problem go away.

Nabeel