[Asterisk-Users] change languages from an IVR

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Mon Feb 6 10:26:35 MST 2006

Mark Phillips a écrit :

> A customer of mine wants an IVR where the first 3 choices are
>
> 1 English
> 2 Spanish
> 3 French
>
> I can build the IVR but how do I get the system prompts to then speak
> the selected langauge. For example, a caller has selected Spanish and
> so is routed to the Spanish part of the IVR. At some point he breaks
> out of the IVR to leave a VM. How does the system know to continue
> offering him Spanish?

asterix:~# asterisk -rx 'show application setlanguage'

  -= Info about application 'SetLanguage' =-

[Synopsis]:
Sets user language

[Description]:
  SetLanguage(language):  Set  the  channel  language to 'language'.  This
information is used for the syntax in generation of numbers, and to choose
a natural language file when available.
  For example, if language is set to 'fr' and the file 'demo-congrats' is
requested  to  be  played,  if the file 'fr/demo-congrats' exists, then
it will play that file, and if not will play the normal 'demo-congrats'.
Always returns 0.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom