[Asterisk-Users] Deploying VoIP on a WAN

Joao Pereira joao.pereira at fccn.pt
Mon Feb 6 10:24:08 MST 2006

Hi,

As many of you may know, we are undertaking several tests in order to test
the interoperability between several PBX IP from different vendors. Until
now, we were trusting that the VoIP IP PBX were good enough to be
interconnected directly, however, one of the vendors have presented the
"SBC"
concept.

The "SBC" (Session Border Controller) is not a new concept since we were
using it anyway when we setup a (Asterisk+SER+SIP Proxy) Box to handle the
"on-net dialout" calls.

I'm now overwhelmed with the amount of SBCs that are suggested by the
vendors
to implement a solution.
(http://www.juniper.net/solutions/literature/solutionbriefs/351085.pdf)

Can anyone drop me some lines about this? I urgently need some feedback on
this.

Thanks!

Joao Pereira
www.fccn.pt