[Asterisk-Users] AVAYA H.323 IP phone account and Asterisk

janvb at caselaboratories.com janvb at caselaboratories.com
Mon Feb 6 09:11:43 MST 2006

hi,

Depends, but if it is a standard H.323 yes. If it is 'Avaya H.323' NO.

I am not sure if * support it 'as is', but you probably need to run
H.323 as a Terminal endpoint.

To test, just connect with OpenPhone.

'Avaya H.323' is basically RTP/RTCP as normal and H.323 towards their
PABX while they use a different, proprietary protocol to the endpoint.
This is the SCP (Single Connection Protocol), some serious crap written
with the only purpose of making sure that you still need an Avaya PABX.
(They actually solved a few H.323 issues as well to be honest).

Jan