[Asterisk-Users] Re: Configuring Meeting Room from Asterisk Manager API

Somesh S Shanbhag someshss at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 09:02:35 MST 2006

Hi Alexander,

 Thanks for the quick response. Actually I tried out this.
 I tried like -

 Action: Originate
 Channel: SIP/111
 Application: MeetMe
 Data: |qdwx
 ActionID: ffe56637

 But actually, it invites 111 and when 111 accepts the call, it will ask for
 conference number and places 111 into conference with confno which the user
 keys in.

 But my requirement is slightly different.

 111(user)====>Server====>Asterisk

 Actually, Server must be able to setup the conference room for 111 without
 having 111 bothering with keying in confnum. How can I do that from
 Manager API's? Do I have to use some DialPlan's?

 Please solve the doubt.

 Regds,
 Somesh S. Shanbhag

Alexander Chemeris <ipse.asterisk at gmail.com> wrote: Somesh,

On 2/3/06, Somesh S Shanbhag  wrote:
>  I want to do a three-party conferencing using manager api.
>  But I found out from the asterisk-users list that I *MUST* use
>  the meeting room concept.
>
>  I wanted to know wheather meeting room can be configured dynamically?
>  on the fly? Otherwise, configuring meeting room statically is not scalable.
First search for 'dynamic conferences' on voip-info.org. There you'll
find macro to create dynamic conferences on the fly. Main idea is to
enable dynamic creation of meetme rooms and create them according to
user phone number.

See also Originate command in manager actions reference.
You may use command similar to this:

Action: Originate
Channel: SIP/4
Application: MeetMe
Data: 41|adEpq
ActionID: MeetMe-id
CallerID: MeetMe-caller-id

Use 'Channel' to specify user you want to add, and you may use
'CallerID' to track following events.