[Asterisk-Users] Re: Configuring Meeting Room from Asterisk Manager API

Alexander Chemeris ipse.asterisk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 01:34:24 MST 2006

Somesh,

On 2/3/06, Somesh S Shanbhag <someshss at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I want to do a three-party conferencing using manager api.
>  But I found out from the asterisk-users list that I *MUST* use
>  the meeting room concept.
>
>  I wanted to know wheather meeting room can be configured dynamically?
>  on the fly? Otherwise, configuring meeting room statically is not scalable.
First search for 'dynamic conferences' on voip-info.org. There you'll
find macro to create dynamic conferences on the fly. Main idea is to
enable dynamic creation of meetme rooms and create them according to
user phone number.

See also Originate command in manager actions reference.
You may use command similar to this:

Action: Originate
Channel: SIP/4
Application: MeetMe
Data: 41|adEpq
ActionID: MeetMe-id
CallerID: MeetMe-caller-id

Use 'Channel' to specify user you want to add, and you may use
'CallerID' to track following events.