[Asterisk-Users] IP PAX gateway to PSTN

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Sun Feb 5 02:12:41 MST 2006

Sam a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> If I setup an IP PAX gateway to handle VoIP calls to a traditional
> phone line, I am wondering how each VoIP call to the PSTN connection
> get charged by a local Telecom.

I am not really sure to understand the question. But assuming you are
having:

(remote phone) -> internet -> PSTN gateway -> end phone

The connection charge is going to be PSTN gateway -> end phone.

However note that in certain VoIP-backwards countries this scheme is
illegal, and the telco might ask you to pay the international call
termination charge if they find out you're doing this.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom