[Asterisk-Users] Routing Calls via chan_capi with AVM FritzCard

Christian Schmidt christian at siebenbergen.de
Sat Feb 4 07:28:22 MST 2006

Hello asterisk-users,

I recently set up an asterisk server using Debian Sarge. I also added
an ISDN card (AVM FritzCard PCI) to the machine. I built amd installed
a new kernel (2.6.15.1) with modular support for the CAPI stuff and
also integrated the FritzCard driver available from AVM.

capiinfo succeeds in correctly showing the ISDN card.

When talking from one PC to another via SIP, everything works fine.
But when trying to call the * server via ISDN, the call kind of
"doesn't get through": In the receiver, I hear nothing (no ringing
tones at all), and a few seconds later, I get the "line busy" signal.

Running "capi debug" on the asterisk console shows lots of debug
output that I don't want to post here, but I always notice the
following lines:
ERROR[5832]: chan_capi.c:1197 find_pipe: unable to find a pipe for PLCI = 0x101

When we try it the other way around (routing an outgoing call from
SIP via ISDN), the destination phone rings, but when picking up the
line, it remains silent. Seems as if no voice signals get through.

Unfortunately, Google couldn't help me. Maybe you can?

My specifications:
- asterisk 1.0.7.dfsg.1-2
- chan_capi 0.3.5-11
- Debian Sarge on Linux 2.6.15.1
- FritzCard module built from the latest sources available by AVM

My capi.conf looks like this:
[general]
  nationalprefix=0
  internationalprefix=00
  rxgain=0.8
  txgain=0.8

[interfaces]
  msn=3413
  incomingmsn=3413
  outgoingmsn=3413
  controller=1
  softdtmf=1
  accountcode=
  context=isdn_incoming

If you need any more information on my * configuration, please feel
free to ask.
Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Christian Schmidt