[Asterisk-Users] g729 license question

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Feb 3 21:02:46 MST 2006

I am wondering how the g729 licenses are done during calls.  If I have N
licenses for g729, and N are in use and an additional call comes in that
requests N+1 to be in use, how does asterisk handle that call?

Does it dump it?  Does it negotiate another codec automagically?

Basically what happens to that call, obviously it wont (shouldnt) let
you use more licenses than you have available, but I was wondering what
the process was to negotiate a different codec, especially since there
are different channel drivers that could potentially use that codec,
whatever the method it would have to be generic ...

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378