SV: SV: [Asterisk-Users] delaying "answer" for a number of ringsor anamount of time

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Fri Feb 3 11:59:31 MST 2006

At 07:34 AM 02/03/2006, you wrote:
>I am pressuming that since I can use functions like "Wait()", then
>"Answer()" in dialplan to actually delay answering (for the Wait()
>time) that Asterisk actually "acknowledges" the call.

I think you need to use dial instead of answer. You can put a timeout
in dial and if the call is hung up dial will exit. If it exited due
to hangup the call will not be answered and the voicemail call will be ignores.

How you set up something to dial to that can't answer is beyond me,
but if you can figure it out, that should work.

Ira