[Asterisk-Users] Re: delaying "answer" for a number of rings or an amount

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Feb 3 10:50:23 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 07:37 -0700, Bromont Quebec wrote:
> Well in my setup I have a few IP phones connected to Asterisk as well as POTS phones on my analog line.

Ahhh.  So we share the latter at least.

> When a call for my daughter comes in on the analog line (determined from callerID) I send it to her own voicemail after 20 seconds of ringing. It all works quite well.

Hrm.  Yeah, this is what I'm trying to do.

> Here's a step-by-step of what happens below:
> 1 - a call comes in and Asterisk rings SIP/Brian and SIP/joe for 30 seconds.

So you don't want Asterisk to wait and see if the POTS line is picked up
before ringing the SIP phones?  Interesting.

> 2 - After 30 seconds if the line is still ringing (nobody picked up POTS phone or SIP phones) * answers the line and sends to Voicemail. Asterisk never picks up the call until the 30 seconds are up.

What seems to be happening here is that even if somebody picks up the
POTS line within a few seconds, after the 30 seconds (Wait() in my case,
but I'd imagine the same will happen after ringing the SIP lines for
30s) is up Asterisk is also on the POTS line (with the callee who picked
up the POTS phone) doing the voicemail intro and recording the
conversation.

> [from-pots]
> exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/brian&SIP/joe,30)
> exten => s,2,Voicemail(u2001)
> exten => s,3,Hangup

I will try this exactly and see if it works any better.

b.

Brian J. Murrell