[Asterisk-Users] Re: delaying "answer" for a number of rings or an amount

Bromont Quebec Bromont at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 3 07:37:33 MST 2006

Well in my setup I have a few IP phones connected to Asterisk as well as POTS phones on my analog line. When a call for my daughter comes in on the analog line (determined from callerID) I send it to her own voicemail after 20 seconds of ringing. It all works quite well.

Here's a step-by-step of what happens below:
1 - a call comes in and Asterisk rings SIP/Brian and SIP/joe for 30 seconds.

2 - After 30 seconds if the line is still ringing (nobody picked up POTS phone or SIP phones) * answers the line and sends to Voicemail. Asterisk never picks up the call until the 30 seconds are up.

[from-pots]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/brian&SIP/joe,30)
exten => s,2,Voicemail(u2001)
exten => s,3,Hangup