[Asterisk-Users] Re: Web interface

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Feb 3 04:39:48 MST 2006

I have been playing with the Signate switch.  Official training starts
soon but just playing with it leaves me with the impression that it is
powerful but very complex.  You need to RTFM to get anything working.

They have also used IonCube to encode all PHP and HTML files so
customization is impossible without reverse engineering :-(

I will reserve final judgement until I go through the official Signate
training, but for several thousand dollars, I could have wrote a GUI
that accesses and writes to the realtime database with a much more
intuitive interface.

Another question, If Signate is not using ABE, what are their
requirements for releasing source as far as the GUI?

Thanks
Steve