[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk video conference

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Feb 3 00:48:09 MST 2006

> Asterisk's support for video over SIP is very rudimentary. Only to
> video codecs H.261, H.263, and H.263+ are supported, and even then,
> not very well. There is no support for dynamic negotiation of frame
> rates, etc. Queries to the -dev list, as to progress on these
> features were recently met with silence. We will be looking to jump
> into the project to support our own initiatives in the area of
> video in a few weeks.

You are very welcome to join the group that works with this. There is
an open bug report in the SIP section of the bug tracker to enhance
the videosupport setting, please test that code and add your test
results to the bug report.

There are others out there that work with video in Asterisk and I
have some new code from a developer that will be added to a separate
branch soon, also for testing. Your input and additions is very much
needed.

If we work fast, we might get some of the smaller additions into
Asterisk 1.4, more substantial changes into the release after that.
But that requires testing and a lot of help!

/Olle